Karachi has several fantastic upscale restaurants, which serve a huge variety of cuisines. Most of the upper-end restaurants are either located within one of the major hotels in the city (the Sheraton, the Pearl Continental and Avari Towers), or in the trendy shopping district of Zamzama in Defence.
One can easily find a franchise of KFC (call: 111-KFC-KFC [111-532-532]), McDonald (call:111-244-622),Subway (call:586-8907), Papa Johns (Clifton) (call:585-3374}, Mr Cod (call:535-0746), Henny's (call:021-5867151, 5864023 9a-11p), Pizza Hut (call: 111-241-241) or Domino's (call: 111-DOMINO [111-366-466]).*Dunkin Donuts (call 111- Donuts) The beauty of the food in Karachi is that you will probably find cuisine for every taste.
- Zamzama, This is the place where the rich , famous and affluent like to hangout. Zamzama is home to the trendiest and hippest Cafes in town , where all the hip and young people of Karachi like to hang out in their designer attires and sip on the most best brews in town. At the same time Zamzama is also home to the more up end and exclusive dining places in the city , some of the most expensive restaurants in the country are found on this one boulevard. For Cafes be sure to check out Ciao, Espresso , Aylanto, Chatterbox and offcourse the only chocolate café in town Butlers Chocolate Café ( the Irish chain). As far as restaurants go Copper Kettle, Arizona Grill and Roasters being the oldest restaurants on the street win hands down as far as popularity goes. For fine dining the most reputed places to head to are Fuchsia, Okra and Baan Thai. Other than the above mentioned Zamzama has a fair share major fast outlets scattered across it , the most notable being Pizza Hut , Dominos and Subway.
- Beach Avenue, is famous for its giant food outlets like Floating Ship, McDonalds, KFC, Dip shop, Sweet n Sour, Salt'n'Pepper, Kinara etc.
- Boat Basin, is a mile-long strip of open-air street food/restaurants. Favorites tend to include Karachi Broast, Mr. Burger, Qasr-Al-Nakheel, Jans, Dera,Nihari Inn,Cafe Clifton,and Tandoori Hut. Boat Basin is where almost all of Karachi's late-partying citizens wind up, since food is often available here until 5:00 or 6:00AM, and some restaurants are open 24 hours. Most dining over here is open air , during winters this becomes the most popular hangout place in the city. Local style breakfast (such as halwa puri and anda paratha) is also served at Boat-Basin from 6 or 7AM onwards. Note that restaurants here will frequently only accept cash. It is a good idea to carry enough cash to tide you over (at most of these locations, Rs. 1000-2000 [US$20-35 approx.] per person will be more than sufficient). If you're not the experimenting type then theres always the fast food option. KFC , Pizza Hut , Mr Burger and Nandos can all be found here. The Chicken Makhni (Butter Chicken) with Garlic Naan at Tandoori Hut is by far the most popular dish on this mile long gastronomic delight.
- Burns Road For authentic Karachi food this is the place to be. The best tasting Nihari, Sajji, Bottis and Tikkas can be found in this congested corner of Old Karachi. Burns Road is a part of Saddar the main business district of Karachi. Most of the restaurants here are built in really old pre independence era victorian style buildings which sort of gives you the feeling of being in a crowded part of Old Delhi. Hygeinically this may not be the cleanest part of town , but if you are a big time foodie and you really want to taste REAL Karachi food then seriously this is the place to head to. If Hygiene is really an issue for you then the best option is to head to Food Center the biggest and prettiest building on the street. Places to head to here include Punjab Lassi house for the best Lassi in town , Food Center and Sabri Nihari. Other than these there are many more restaurants scattered througout this street. Restaurants accept only cash here. Price wise you can easily have food dessert and a glass of Lassi for less than Rs 300.
- Khadda Market is mainly famous for its delicious "Paratha Rolls" that can be eaten with a various array of different meats eg Chicken, Beef and Kebab to name a few. With different fillings and yea that includes Cheese and Garlic Mayo also. For the best Paratha Rolls head to Hot and Spicy and Red Apple. One average Paratha Roll with out any fillings will cost you around Rs 80. The more fillings you add the more price increases this can go up to around Rs 130- 150 per roll. Other than the Paratha Rolls both of the above mentioned restaurants serve great Sandwiches and Burgers also. Other popular places in the area to head to are Chatkharay and Gazebo for "Chaat" , Indus Biryani for Biryani , Kay Bees for fast food. Mingcourt, Chopstix and China Ming for Chinese. Food aside Khadda market is home to the best Salons in the city for a designer snip head to Clippers and Pzazz.
- Sindhi Muslim SMCHS The main food district in this area is basically built around one roundabout. Sindhi Muslim is home to the typical fast food joints like KFC, Nandos and Pizza Xperts. Places to check out over here are Kahva , Bundoo Khan and Hyders.
- Shahbaz Commercial This place is slowly developing in to the new Zamzama. With Zamzama getting more and more congested new restaurateurs are looking towards Shahbaz to set up their new businesses . Trendy cafes and restaurants have started to spring up left right and center. Shahbaz like Zamzama is basically a rich mans playground where most of the restaurants and cafes clientele comprises of people from the rich and upper middle class of society. Notable places to check out are Studio Cafe for the best Sheesha in town theres a seperate floor for Sheesha, the one thing that's special about this place is that once you're done eating your food a professional photographer takes you down to the basement for a photo shoot and you get a CD that contains your pictures in it to keep as a memorabilia of your visit here. Then theres Kaps Cafe that is a flower shop cum coffee shop all in one. Secret Recipe is popular for its sumptous Cheesecakes and other desserts. Not to forget Espresso is by far hands down the most popular cafe in town , this place serves the best western styled breakfast in town. Espresso has two more outlets in town but this branch tends to be the most popular one in town. The newly opened The Diner seems to be doing pretty well it serves great continental food. Sawasdee is famous for its tangy hot and sour Thai food. Other than the above mentioned your fast options in this part of town include Pizza Hut and Subway.
- 26th Street and Tauheed Commericial Fine dining in Karachi has officially found a new home. Most of the finest art galleries in the city are found in this area , so it isnt uncommon to come across a restaurant that has an art gallery within in it or vice versa. Hence because of this , this area has unofficially been dubbed the "Artist district" of Karachi. The finest French restaurant in the city if not the country Cafe Flo is located here. An artist favorite is Cafe Koel. The Patio is another favourite that has an art gallery attached to it. Purple Haze a popular youngster hang out where they occasionally have a Karaoke night. Another youngster favourite hang out is The Hotspot. The Hotspot is known to serve the best desserts in town. From Banoffee Pie to Supersonic fudge sundaes you name it and they've got it. Infact you can also create your own Milkshake flavour over here like for eg Banana Caramel with White Chocolate (Toblerone).
- Bahadurabad located off Tariq road is also famous for its restaurants like Tooso, Wimpys and Have More and ofcourse the United King bakery.
- Hasan Square is famous for Sajji, Barbeque and various other Pakistani dishes. Located on University Road, Gulshan Iqbal
The following Restaurants are very popular and should not be missed:
- BBQ Tonight (Com. 5/1 Boat Basin, Block 5, Clifton) , is one of Karachi's most popular restaurants. Spread over four stories of seating, including partly covered rooftop seating, the restaurant is almost always completely packed, but the turnover is high, so reservations aren't required. It now serves lunch also. The rooftop at BBQ Tonight is recommended. UAN: 111-227-111
- Lal Qila Buffet (10/A, Main Shahrah-e-Faisal, M.A.C.H.S., Tel: (92-21) 438-8363-64, 438-8364) , Built in the style of a 17th-century Moghul fort, Lal Qila offers barbecue, biryani, and a local beef-based delicacy, haleem, in its open brick courtyard. Beware long lines during the peak evening dining hours.
- Rangoli Buffet(on Karsaz road)  is located inside Arena gaming arcade.
- The Village located at Sea View.
* Al-Bustan, Sheraton Hotel, Club Road, Live Pakistani traditional band playing nightly from 8pm-12pm, Tel: (92-21) 563-3333
* Al Habib Restaurant, Super Highway Near New Sabzi Mandi / Northern Bypass (On main shahrah-e-Pakistan road in suburb of Karachi. It is roughly 22kms away from city center and on highway going towards interior Sindh province), ☎ (92-21) 687-0702, 687-0703. 24. Al Habib Restaurant is one of the most popular restaurants of the City. It remains open 24 hours and has a huge sitting area and it receives a lot of diners from all over the city specially on weekends. You can try all kind of Pakistani food here for approx. $10/head. It is highly recommended to someone visiting the city after Bar B Q Tonight and Lal Qilla. $10/head approx..
* Agha juice since 1960 main Nazimabad No1, Only 3 branches 1. Opp Amber Auditorium, Bahadurabad.2. Main Rashid Minhas Rd, Gushan Iqbal. 3. Khadda Market Defence phase 5. The pioneer of juices in Karachi Pakistan, Located and founded in 1960, and open 11:30 am to 3 am. Make sure you go to the branches listed above as there are a lot of places similar to that name.
* Chandni, Pearl Continental Hotel, Club Road, UAN: 111-505-505
* Foodies Barbeque and Fast Food. Adjacent Bait-ul-Mukkaram Mosque, University Road, Gulshan Iqbal
* Highway Garden Restaurant, Main Super Highway, Near Tool Plaza, Tel: (92-21) 0300-822-0320
* Jans chicken, Boat Basin, Khayaban-e-Roomi, Opposite Clifton Jamat khana.
* Marco Polo, Pearl Continental Hotel, Club Road, UAN: 111-505-505
* Mela, Main Rashid Minhas Road, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, near Alladin amusement park and also at Saddar near Arts Council is a Buffet and kids theme restaurant
* Mughal Darbar, Opposite Sailing Club, Boat Basin
* Oasis, Hill Park
* Qasr-E-Nakheel, Boat Basin, Clifton
* Sajjad Restaurant, Main Super Highway, Near Caltex Petrol Pump, Tel: (92-21) 826-7330
* The Pakistani, Sheraton Hotel, Club Road, Tel: (92-21) 563-3333
* VILLAGE GARDEN GRILL & bbq, Club Road opposite Avari towers, Great BBQ and restaurant. One of the top ones in Karachi. 92-21-5212880
* If anyone is looking for "chaat" (a local-fare of chickpeas mixed with other things) Chatkharay in Khadda Market (Defence) is good.
* Pitaco's Food Delivery [www.pitacosonline.com] Tel: (92-21)-35870530 - 31 Pakistan's food delivery service delivering Greek, Mexican,Italian & Continental cuisine.
* China Town, Com. 7/3, Khayaban-e-Saadi, Kehkashan Block 2, Clifton, Tel: (92-21) 586-0528, 537-4423
* Chairman Mao, Phase 6, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 585-3333, 535-0855, Delivery Only
* Dynasty, Avari Towers, Fatima Jinnah Rd., Tel: (92-21) 566-0100 ext. 2080
* Jade Garden, Sea Breeze Heights, Fl-2 Khayaban-e-Saadi, Block 2, Clifton, Tel: (92-21) 586-5650, 583-1126
* Suzie Wong, Marriott Hotel, 9 Abdullah Haroon Road, Tel: (92-21) 568-0111
* Sweet and Sour, 55-C, Khayaban-e-Muslim, Muslim Commercial Area, Phase 6, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 584-0996, 584-0997
* Tai Pan, Pearl Continental Hotel, Club Road, UAN: 111-505-505
* Singapore Sling, Clifton, Near the beach Singapore Sling offers Singaporean, Malaysian and Chinese foods and BBQ - Great food clean and reasonable.
* The Korean in Clifton, Near Schoen Circle,
* Asia Live, Avari Towers, Fatima Jinnah Road, UAN: 111-282-747
* Cafe 9, 5-E, 9th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 529-5081, 529-5082
* Cafe Zouk, Plot No. 27/C, Khayaban-e-Shamsheer, Phase 5, D.H.A, Clifton, Tel: (92-21) 585-6491, 585-6492
* Cafe Flo in Clifton Near three swords in the Alliance Francaise
* Clifton Grill, Plot No. 2/A, K.D.A., Scheme 5, Clifton, Tel: (92-21) 587-9335, 587-9336
* Cafe Grand, Abdullah Haroon Road,Opposite Metropole Hotel
* Cactus Cafe, 71/C, 24 St., Phase-V, D.H.A, Off. Khayaban-e-Tanzeem
* Copper Ketle, Shazz building, Stadium Road, Gulshan Iqbal
* Don Corleone's Cafe & Restaurant, Mall Square, 6th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 583-0615
* Evolution, 66C-68C, 25th Street, Tauheed Commercial Area, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 586-0941, 582-4651
* Excellent, Marine Arcade, Kehkashan,Clifton
* Fusion, Zamzama
* Fuchsia, E-23, 2nd Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 536-3944, 536-3948
* Garnish, 1st Floor, Awami Markaz, Shahra-e- Faisal
* Hang Out!, Plot #23-C, Mezzanine Floor, DS123, Badar Commercial Area, 26th Street, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 824-9060, 534-5072
* Henny Penny, # 99, 9th Commercial, Phase-IV, D.H.A
* Kabana Restaurant, Clifton Food Centre, Opp.Bilawal House
* Kay Bees Mohd Ali society, near Karsaz, Lal Qila restaurant lane
* Le Grand, 9-E, 7th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 582-0186, 582-0187
* Lotus Court, Sheraton hotel, Club road
* Maxim's, UBL Building, Main Clifton Road
* New York Cafe, 10-C, 6th Zamzama Lane, Phase-V, Main Zamzama Blvd., D.H.A
* Patio, F-50/1, Block- 4 , Clifton
* Saint's, 12-C, 26th Street,Tauhid Commercial Area, Phase-V, D.H.A
* Secret Recipe, Khayaban-e-Shahbaz, Phase 6 DHA.
* Shangrila International Restaurant, Avari towers
* The Elbow Room, Mumtaz Hussain Street, I.I. Chundrigar Road, Tel: (92-21) 241-2241, 241-2242
* Topkani Restaurant, Arts Council Building, M.R. Kayani Road
* Village, Opposite Avari towers, Club road, Also offers Sheesha.
* Zen, 49-C, Khayaban-e-Sehar, Phase-VI, DHA
* Cafe Coffee Day, First Stadium Lane, Khayaban-e-Shamsheer, Phase 5, D.H.A. Tel: (92-213) 546-3814, Live rock bands, usually on random Saturday nights. Call for schedule.
* Chatkharay, 27-C, Stadium Lane No. 2, Phase 5, D.H.A. , UAN: 111-242-854
* Dumpukht, Marriott Hotel, 9 Abdullah Haroon Road, Tel: (92-21) 568-0111 Ext. 2201, SHOW: Indian traditional dancer every night except Monday from 8-11:30.
* Gazebo, Saba Commercial, 2-C Saba Commercial Area, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 842-1167, 585-2406 and at 3-C Gul Arcade, Commercial Lane 1, Khaada Market, Phase 5, D.H.A. Tel: (92-21) 842-1169
* Ponderosa South Indian, C-11, Alfalah Building, Mohammad Ali Society
* Delhi Muslim Kali, Plot #23-C, Zamzama Boulevard, Land-2, D.H.A
* Bombay Bakery & Nimco, at Millenium Mall, Rashid Minhas road
* Baan Thai, 23-C, 2nd, Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 586-9084, 586-9085
* FUCHSIA, E-23, 2nd Commercial Lane, Zamzama Phase 5, D.H.A.
* Royal Blue Elephant, Pearl Continental Hotel, Club Road, UAN: 111-505-505
* Sawasdee, 29-C, Khayaban-e-Shahbaz, Phase 6, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 535-0771, 535-0772
* Thai Seafood, Old Sunset boulevard
* Thai Express, Marine Arcade No. 5, Block 3, Clifton
* Cafe Flo, D-82/1, Block 4, Clifton, Tel: (92-21) 587-7499, 583-0018
* Cafe Rendezvous, Alliance Française de Karachi, Plot ST-1, Block 8, Kehkashan, Clifton.
* Le Terrasse, Grand Mercure, Karachi Airport Hotel, Star Avenue Terminal 1, Tel: (92-21) 924-2600
* La Cucina, 16-C, Lane 6, Zamzama Boulevard, DHA
* Frango's Portuguese Grilled Cuisine at Zamzama in Clifton
* Original Crepe Factory, Shop #1, Khaada Market, Main Khayaban-e-Mujahid, Phase 5, D.H.A.
* Cafe Aylanto, 2-C, 9th Commercial Lane, Zamzama , Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 587-5724
* Limoncello, 14-C, 7h Zamzama Commercial Lane, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 530-1973, 530-1974
* Pompeii, Shapes Health Club Compound, Old Railway Club, 139 Mc Niel Road, Cantt, Tel: (92-21) 521-4684, 521-9657
* Thyme, 11-C, 1st Commercial Lane, Zamzama , Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 0321-921-1901
* Quattro, 147-C, Khayaban-e-Seher , Phase 6, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 524-3257, 524-3258
* Cozmo, Sheraton Hotel, Club Road, Tel: (92-21) 563-3333
* Fujiyama, Avari Towers, Fatima Jinnah Rd., Tel: (92-21) 566-0100 ext. 2076
* Kamameshi, C-22, Suite No. 2, 26th Street, Tauheed Commercial Area, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 530-4257, 530-4258
* Sakura, Pearl Continental Hotel, Club Road
* Beirut, 7th Commercial Lane, Zamzama Phase tel : +9221 530 1973 +9221 530 174
* Kabab-Ji, Sheraton Hotel, Club Road, Tel: (92-21) 563-3333
* Meezaj Restaurant (Arabian food center), Chapal ocean center, Sea View, Near Bilawal house, Clifton, Tel: (92-21) 537-3077 is in the lane next to shabestan (Iranian restaraunt) and Live Rostrum.
* Cafe Aylanto, 2-C, 9th Commercial Lane, Zamzama Phase 5, D.H.A.
* Nadia Cafe, Marriott Hotel, 9 Abdullah Haroon Road, Tel: (92-21) 568-0111, (Theme Nights/Call For Cuisine Schedule)
* Okra , 12-C, 10th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 583-1350, 586-6616
* Olive Bistro & Grill, Shop #2, Plot 27/C, Stadium Lane 2, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 534-5270
* The Deli, 5-C, 1st Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 583-8954, 854-5790
* Domino's Pizza,(4 Locations) Nursery , North Nazimabad , Zamzama Boulevard and National Stadium Road. UAN: 111-366-466, 111-DOMINO
* La Pizza Pie, 1/A, Marine Arcade, Block 3, Clifton, Tel: (92-21) 529-2301
* Papa John's Pizza, Main Clifton road also at D.A. Degree College Ground
* Pizza One, Arsal House, Main Shaheed-e-Millat Road, Block 3, P.E.C.H.S.
* Shakey's Pizza, BC-7, Block-5, Crystal Court, KDA Scheme-5, Kehkashan, Clifton
* Pizza Hut (19 Locations) easily found in most areas of the city
Juice, Milkshakes and Ice cream
* Agha juice since 1960 main Nazimabad No1, branches 1. Opp Amber Auditorium, Bahadurabad. 2.Main Rashid Minhas Rd, Gushan Iqbal. 3. Khadda Market Defence phase 5.
* The Dip Shop, near Sea View Mc Donalds and Gulshan Iqbal 13
* Brown, Rahat Commercial, DHA Phase 6
* MOVE N PICK, Clifton
* GELATO AFFAIR,haidery,karsaz,clifton
* HotSpot, 33st, Towheed, DHA Phase 5
* Aqua Lounge, 18-C, 1st Floor, 5th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 537-6700, 537-6701
* 'Nadia Cafe, Marriott Hotel, 9 Abdullah Haroon Road, Tel: (92-21) 568-0111, (Theme Nights/Call For Cuisine Schedule)
* Thai Seafood, Old Sunset Boulevard, DHA
* Arizona Grill , (4 Locations) DHA Country Golf Club, Clifton near Teen Talwar, 20-C 2nd Commercial Lane, Main Zamzama Boulevard, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 583-4974 and at Bahadurabad, #5, Ground Floor, Iqbal Arcade, Main Shaheed-e-Millat Road, Tel: (92-21) 438-2055, 438-2056
* Copper Kettle, (2 Locations) 6th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 583-8659 and at CK2, Plot # P.P.14, Sir Shah Soleman Road, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Tel: (92-21) 482-7571
* Gun Smoke, 10th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 536-2283
* Jason's Steakhouse, Pearl Continental Hotel, Club Road, UAN: 111-505-505
* Arizona Express, Marine Pride, Block 7, Clifton
* Build Your Own Burger (BYOB) , Main Khayaban-e-Bader at 26th Street, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 534-8099
* Crab Attack, Tel: (92) 0321-201-9687, Boating excursion & seafood buffet. Private bookings.
* Cafe Mist, Inside Arena games arcade, Karsaz road, From sandwiches to burgers to a specially designed children’s menu, Café Mist is the perfect place to replenish yourself after a day of fun and games
Drinking alcohol in public areas is nominally banned, and most of the top end hotels have their own bars. Try local brands like Murree Brewery, in addition to that there are other brands such as Budwieser and Barveria with non-alchoholic beer.
In soft drinks, try local limca cola which makes "pop" sound when opened. you can also try Pakola; Pakistan’s premier soft drink brand which is available in different flavors like Ice cream soda, Lychee, Orange, Raspberry, Apple sidra, Vino, Double cola, Bubble up etc.
Also try, Lassi which is a classic yogurt drink that is served either plain or sweet, and is sometimes flavored or even fused with fresh fruit. Rooh-Afza, a red-color-sweet-herbal drink. Sugar Cane Juice which is extracted by mechanical force, it is best when fresh. You would also love the Falouda and Gola Ganda which include various kinds of syrups in crushed ice.
If you want to drink plain water, always prefer bottled water of a good brand, it just costs Rs. 25 for a 1.5 liter bottle of Nestle water.
* Aroma, Regent Plaza Hotel, Main Shahrah-e-Faisal, UAN: 111-111-774
* Bread people bakery & Cafe, 10-C, Khayaban-e-Shahbaz, 26th Street, Shahbaz Commercial Area, Phase 6, D.H.A, Tel: (92-21) 524-3256. Live music bands, usually on random Saturday nights. Call for schedule
* Basement off Zamzama Avenue
* Bowling Cafe, Royal Rodale, TC-V, 34th Street, Khayaban-e-Sehar, Phase-V, Ext.,DHA, UAN: 111-000-168
* Cinnamon, Avari Towers, Fatima Jinnah Road, UAN: 111-282-747
* CAFE 9, 5-E, 9th Commercial Lane, Zamzama , Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 529-5081, 529-5082
* Cafe Chatterbox, 3-C, 3rd Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A.., Tel: (92-21) 583-0337, 586-9548
* Cafe Fresh (Juice Zone), Shop No. 1 Main Zamzama Blvd. Phase 5, D.H.A.
* Cafe Lamore, 4,I-C, 3rd Commercial Lane, Zamzama , Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 581-0061
* Cafe Sheesha Clifton
* Casbah & 007 Club, Beach Luxury hotel, MT Khan road, Tel: (92-21) 561-1031, Saturday night dance party. Couples only. Call to confirm
* Creek inn, DHA 8
* Don Coreleons Cafe & Restaurant, Mall Square, 6th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 583-0615
* Damascus Cafe , Near KPT Underpass, Block-9, Clifton, (92) 301-824-9444, (92) 300 824-9444
* Dunkin Donuts - 11 Locations around the city.
* DÉJÀ VU , Clifton
* Indulge, For Sheesha, Park Towers, Tel: (92-21) 587-7953, Millennium Mall, Rashid Minhas Road, Gulshan-e-Iqbal., Tel: (92-21) 460-0995, 460-0996 +
* KOEL CAFE F-42/2, Block 4 Scheme 5, Clifton Karachi, Pakistan. Tel: (92-21) 530-9745
* Kahva, 6-C, Mustafa Arcade, Block A, S.M.C.H.S., Tel: (92-21) 455-3395, 455-3582
* Latte Lounge, C3C, Nishat Commercial Area, Phase 6, D.H.A.., Tel: (92-21) 534-8631
* OLÉ, Plot #22, C-1, 6th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 529-5144, 529-5145
* Opera Cafe, Grand Mercure Hotel, Karachi Airport, Star Avenue Terminal 1
* Original Crepe Factory, Shop #1, Khaada Market, Main Khayaban-e-Mujahid, Phase 5, D.H.A.., Tel: (92-21) 0300-987-8778, 0322-206-8783
* Purple Haze, 66C-68C, 25th Street, Tauheed Commercial Area, Phase 5, D.H.A. , in the Basement of 'Evolution' restaurant. Tel: (92-21) 586-0941, 582-4651. It serves some of the best desserts in Karachi and also 'Shisha' (Arabic Tobacco). Plus, Karaoke nights are usually fun too.
* Roadside Cafe, F-10, FL 19, Block 5, Kehkashan, Clifton, Tel: (92-21) 586-9777, 586-9778
* Roasters, 10-C, 2nd Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 530-2204, 530-2205
* The Sports Bar C-22, Suite No. 2, 26th Street, Tauheed Commercial Area Phase 5, D.H.A. Karachi, Pakistan. Tel: (92-21) 530-4257, 530-4258
* The Elbow room, Mumtaz Hussain Street, I.I. Chundrigar Road, Tel: (92-21) 241-2241, 241-2242
* The Grapewine, Pearl Continental Hotel, Club Road, UAN: 111-505-505
* Venus Cafe Carlton Resort Hotel & Club DC-5, Opp. Zulfiqar Street Phase 8, D.H.A. Karachi, Pakistan. Tel: (92-21) 584-9172 UAN: 111-72-72-72
* Avenue Art Cafe, 33-C, 6th Commercial Lane, Zamzama , Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 582-3972, 583-0983
* Alao Coffee House Shop #37, SB 3 K.D.A., Scheme 1 Tel: (92-21) 200-5129
* Coffee Day, First Stadium Lane, Khayaban-e-Shamsheer, Phase 5, D.H.A. Tel: (92-21) 546-3814, Live rock bands, usually on random Saturday nights. Call for schedule
* Ciao, 3/1-C, 6th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A.., Tel: (92-21) 587-7974
* Espresso ( 3 locations),The Forum Shopping mall, Clifton ,10th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A.., Tel: (92-21) 582-4007 ,Main Khayaban-e-Shahbaz, Commercial Area Phase 6 D.H.A Tel (92-213)534-2725 Espresso they serve great food and great coffee
* Fanoos Coffee Shop Sheraton Hotel Club Road. Tel: (92-21) 563-3333
* Lattetude, Clifton
* Le Grand 9-E, 7th Commercial Lane, Zamzama Phase 5, D.H.A. Tel: (92-21) 582-0186, 582-0187
* The Second Floor (T2F) , 10-C, Sunset Lane 5, Phase 2 Extension, DHA, Karachi -75500, ☎ (92-300) 823-0276, . 11:00 am - 9:00 pm. The Second Floor is a wireless coffeehouse, featuring a bookshop and a space for creative expression and intelligent discourse. Apart from excellent coffee, T2F also has a range of excellent sandwiches, snacks and dessert. There are regular events such as poetry readings, book signings, workshops, talks, debates, film screenings, unplugged music sessions, gallery openings, exhibitions and stand-up comedy. Numerous well-known politicians, artists, writers, musicians, dancers, filmmakers and thinkers of all ages frequent the place to speak, work or simply hang out.
* U & Me Coffee, 10-C 8th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A.., Tel: (92-21) 587-8913, 857-8931
* Castro's Cigar lounge, Carlton Hotel, DC-5, Opp. Zulfiqar Street, Phase 8, D.H.A., UAN: 111-72-72-72
* Cigar Bar, 6th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: (92-21) 530-2006
* Club Havana, 2, Vawda House, 10C, 10th Commercial Lane, Zamzama , Phase 5, D.H.A., Tel: 537-4463, 582-1696
* Mizaaj an Egyptian theme restaurant, is also famous for cigars, located in Clifton
Excelsior, Toby's bar, Purple haze, Basement, the Casbah... Karachi's night life has become the envy of the region. Bars, nightclubs and dance halls have sprouted across the city and people have also made some places like that in their homes.In the seaview and defence area there are Sports car and bike races too.
* Enjoy Live Theatre at the Arts Council 
* Enjoy Karaoke nights & Live Bands at Purple haze, at Base Rock cafe (6th lane, Ittehad, DHA phase 6), at The Sports Bar (26th Street, Towheed, DHA Phase 5), and at Thespianz Theater
* Enjoy Live music bands, usually on random Saturday nights at Bread people bakery & cafe, Coffee day
* Enjoy Concerts, movie nights, masquerade balls at The Elbow room off II Chundrigar road.
* Enjoy Theme Nights at Nadia Cafe (Marriott hotel)
* Enjoy Theatre at at the Spianz theater.
* Enjoy Cinema at Universe Cineplex.
* Live band playing all types of music from 8:30pm-11pm. Live Ghazal band from 11pm-2am at PC hoteland at Karachi Club.
* Live Pakistani traditional band playing nightly from 8pm-12pm at AL-BUSTAN (Sheraton Hotel)
* Live Indian traditional dancer every night except Monday from 8-11:30 at DUMPUKHT (Marriott Hotel)
* Saturday night dance party for couples at Beach Luxury hotel.
* Restaurants at Boat Basin are open till 6am.
* Carlton hotel offers luxury cruise buffet dinner for 35 persons, that takes you to deep sea water.
* This section is contributed by us to Wikitravel and we keep on updating it.